OPI Vampsterdam

Today I’m reviewing OPI nail lacquer in Vampsterdam.


What the company claims about the product:
This deep and sultry shade is the style staple of a divine diva! The sun may be shinning but you can still vamp it up with OPI Vampsterdam Nail Lacquer. This almost aubergine hue with show stopping silver shimmer will get what you want. No question asked.
OPI Vampsterdam Nail Lacquer contains no DBP, Toluene, or formaldehyde, and features OPI’s exclusive ProWide Brush for the ultimate in application.

Direction of use:
To apply, begin at the centre of your nail, approximately a couple of mm from your cuticle. Let the bristles fan out for maximum coverage and with each stroke, brush out with each brush stroke, and brush out to the free edge.

Packaging:
OPI Vamsterdam comes in a tiny round bottle with a black plastic cap. The quantity provided id 4 ml as it is a mini size nail lacquer. The brush is of a good quality, nothing extra ordinary I could note of. The nail polish dries over time and tends to accumulate at the mouth of the bottle which makes it difficult to open it.
Consistency:
The consistency of the nail polish is slightly thick and applies smoothly .But the nail paint is frost which makes the application a bit uneven and streaky. The nail lacquer dries quickly but not super-fast.

My experience:
I am not a big fan of nail varnishes and don’t have much in my kitty. I own only a few, like 3 or 4. I got this mini size of O.P.I nail paint in the January Edition of Vellvette box. Vampsterdam is one of the twelve shades to come out in their Holland collection. I hated this product when I first saw it. It looked a weird maroon kind of shade on the bottle and I’m not at all a maroon person. The colour maroon is too matured for me. I didn’t even try this shade properly. Just applied one coat on my nail, did not like it so just dropped it in the Vellvette box and kept it away. It was only for review purpose that I applied this nail lacquer, and my view has changed completely now.

Vampsterdam is a nice deep plum shade, with gold undertones which gives it an elegant and sophisticated look. And perhaps this is the only con I can find with this nail lacquer. I like crème finish of my nail lacquers, not shimmery or glazy. Nevertheless, it looks very pretty when I applied on nails. I love purple nail lacquers, and this shade leans towards purple.
 Pigmentation of the nail lacquer is quite disappointing. It provides low to medium coverage in first swipe and looks streaky. Two coats provide a decent coverage but you will require 3 coats for a perfect coverage.  A good top coat is required to even things out .The colour is not very dark for summers and would flatter every skin tone, from palest to duskiest.
The nail polish lasts 4 days without chipping and may last even more than a week if applied with a top coat. The colour doesn’t fade with time and looks beautiful even after a week.

Summing up the pros and cons:
Pros:
Pretty shade. Will suit all complexions.
Lasts long.
Nice packaging.
Cons:
Expensive (full size bottle costs Rs 540)
Pigmentation is poor.
Dries out over time.
I would give it a 3.5 on 5.













About Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks a lot for visiting my blog and reading this post.
do leave your lovely comments :)

Powered by Blogger.